This versatile dish, courtesy of Capt. Andy Ford, combines a punchy coconut-curry sauce with fragrant saffron rice and steamed vegetables. This recipe pairs perfectly with Tito’s Handmade Vodka Pocket Fours.
Ingredients | Serves 2 to 4
For the Fish and Saffron Rice
- 1 lb. grouper or snapper fillets, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 5 saffron threads
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 squash or zucchini, cut into 1/3-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into large cubes
For the Curry Sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil, whole leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 Thai chili, deseeded, small-diced
- 1 Tbsp. honey
Steam vegetables until done; prepare the rice as directed on the package. Add saffron to boiling rice water. For the sauce, sauté shallot, garlic and cherry tomatoes, then add coconut milk, curry paste, fresh basil and chili, letting it thicken to a creamy texture, stirring occasionally. Slowly add the fish and cook on low; simmer until cooked through. Plate the rice and vegetables, then top with the fish and sauce.
Sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka.