Fresh wahoo is delicious in nearly any preparation, but it’s especially tasty in this riff on crudo from the West Coast’s Capt. Ryan Griffin. This recipe pairs perfectly with Tito’s Handmade Vodka All-Time Favorite.
Ingredients | Serves 2 to 4
- 1 lb. wahoo, sliced very thin
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp. spicy chili crisp
- (available at most Asian markets)
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ medium shallot, diced
- Salt, pepper and chili flakes, to taste
- ¼ cup ponzu sauce, for serving
On an ice-cold plate, make a pool of sesame oil, coconut aminos and spicy chili crisp. Fan out the sliced wahoo and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, chopped cilantro, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Add fresh finely chopped garlic and thinly sliced shallot to the fish. Add a little more of the chili crisp and a few drops of ponzu sauce, and serve.
Sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka.