Enjoying a sweet and spicy bowl of fresh ceviche specially prepared by the Raw Bar’s own Billy Ronk after a good day of spring sailfishing is one of the joys of hanging out at Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, Florida. Pair with a traditional Reef Cup cocktail, and you have yourself a party.
Ingredients | Serves 4 to 6
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 lb. U-15 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ English cucumber
- 8 oz. fresh lime juice
- 8 oz. fresh pineapple juice
- 8 oz. sweet Thai chili sauce
- Thinly sliced jalapeño, tortilla chips and lime wedges, for serving
Boil shrimp for 3 minutes, remove to ice bath. Seed and dice all vegetables to the same size as the lump crab. In a large bowl, mix fruit juices together, and add vegetables and cilantro. Remove shrimp from ice bath, and dice to the same size as crab. Add shrimp to bowl, and combine well. Gently fold in crab meat to keep lump intact. Cover, and refrigerate until cold.
Carefully divide ceviche into bowls, and top with jalapeño to taste and a squeeze of fresh lime. Serve chips on the side.